2. Place tea leaves in a teapot.
3. Pour the hot water into the teapot.
4. Steep for the recommended period of time.
5. Pour the tea liquid into the tea cup to the last drop.
Type of tea
Amount of tea leaves for one cup
Temperature of hot water
Amount of water
|Gyokuro||3 grams||50°c (122° F)||20 ml||150 sec|
|Sencha||3 grams||70°c (158° F)||60 ml||90 sec|
|Kriganecha||3 grams||80°c (176° F)||60 ml||60 sec|
|Houjicha||3 grams||100°c (212° F)||130 ml||30 sec|
|Genmaicha||4 grams||100°c (212° F)||130 ml||30 sec|
NB: For the second steeping, the above time can be shortened to 2/3. For example: Gyokuro, first steeping: 150 sec. —second: 100 sec.
2) General instructions for making a bowl of Matcha
1. Pre-heat a bowl with hot water.
2. Place about 1.5g of Matcha in the bowl.
3. Pour about 40ml of 80°C (176° F) of hot water into the bowl.
4. Whisk the mixture with a bamboo whisk till it becomes